- Pstoedit was published by Dr. Wolfgang Glunz under the GNU public license (GPL) -http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html- It is a Open Source program which converts PDF and PostScript files to other vektor formats via the command line. Pstoedit is not a part of BESgrav, it will only be called by BESgrav to make the use of it easier. If the installation is correctly done, there is no disanvantage in comfort to a normal BESgrav import. http://www.pstoedit.net/
- Pstoedit itself requires GhostScript, an PostScript interpreter. It was puplished by the GhostScript Community under GNU Affero General Public License, which allows free use and download. http://www.ghostscript.com
- This import only works for vektor graphics and texts. There is no transforming of embedded pixel graphics or scanned documents.
- To use the PDF/PostScript import via Pstoedit the DXF and EPS import in BESgrav must be enabled and a version starting 4.20R must be installed. Please make sure of that.
- Identify if you are using a 32Bit (x86) or 64Bit (x64) version of Windows.
- Download GhostScript (32Bit or 64Bit depending on 2.) and install it with the standard options.
- Download Pstoedit (32Bit or 64Bit depending on 2.) and install it with the standard options.
- After all start BESgrav and right-click on the import-button, chose the PDF/PostScript via Pstoedit ímport and click OK and import. After an note you can start to import a PDF, PS or EPS file.