Flexible CNC controller for 2 to 8 axes with stepping motor and/or servo motors
BES/C: Mechanical build-up in the 19'' housing (here: design with 4 axes, plug-in connector is laid to the front side; also available with a backwards replaced front plate or with plug-in connectors at the back side)
You get further informations following behind or by using the
- Up to 8 axes variable at the same time
Two basic equipment variants are available: either for 4 stepping motor axes or for 4 axes, that are both usable for stepping motor and for servo motor
The number of axes in the controller is increasable to 8 with axis modules for respectively 2 axes.
(no additional axes modules are needed for SERCOS III-motors)
- Stepping and servo motors are possible (also mixable and with different resolutions)
Output frequency while step: up to 480 kHz
Encoder input frequency with Servo: up to 1024 kHz (before 2004: 512 kHz)
- Lookahead; up to 200 paths are calculated beforehand to reach a higher speed. Curved lines, that are composed of straight lines, are driven faster than 90° corners. The speed is determined by the transition angle. Transitions, that are nearly tangential, are driveable with a high speed. Corners may just be driven slowly. The machine slows down in time in case of it is converging to a corner. The "brake path length" may reach up to 200 small path sections.
Related to the software BESgrav it is also possible to change curved lines out of straight lines into spline curves automatically prior to the drive off. These may be driven even faster but still result in an improvement of the smooth operation and the quality of the milling (from controller software 3.22/BESgrav 3.35).
- Activation of rotary axes (rotary index table, dividing head, dividing attachments, rotary engraving device, rotary engraving, cylindric engraving, roller engraving, compression roll production, cutting roller production)
- Activation of automatic:
- tool changers
- length sensing to adjust the tool length
- surface sensing for adaption to the material surface
- edge sensor to determine the lie of the workpiece (position and angle)
(For SERCOS III-motors an input at the power unit of the motors is used)
- Sensing of simple 3D-surfaces for further data processing in the PC. Just one radial sensing line is needed for a profile sensing (e.g. of a wheel rim)
- Sensing to capture material irregularities for a compensational calculation. Thereby it is possible to generate exact engravings on uneven surfaces (e.g. for processing of cheap raw material)
- Own machine keyboards M25 and M24 (handheld units).
Or usage of a KUHLMANN-keyboard, the controllers CX268, CS268 or CG268. Such a keyboard is connectable by a specific adapter.
- 24V-power supply on hand in the controller for external components. The power supply serves 24V with up to 1A output current galvanically isolated from the controller. Ca. 0.5A are usable for for external supplies (depending on the used keyboard).
- Manual feedrate adjustment: changing feed and spindle speed directly immediately effective during the processing.
- Repeat of already processed program parts (e.g. in case of mill breakage) without an intervention on the PC. The repeat is also usable to change the engraving depth.
- The processing is interruptible: Machine is then driveable by hand. After pushing Start, the controller drives back to the previous position and proceeds the processing.
- Activation via network (Ethernet RJ45 plug-in-connector) or optional with a fast and interference-free RS422-interface from the PC (free PCI(e)-plug-in position or USB-interface for specific interfaces on the PC needed; both solutions can be sourced directly from us).
- The CPU-module is equipped with a powerful Motorola Coldfire CPU.
- Activation of the spindle for speed specification by way of an analog output.
Further switch outputs and sensor inputs available. Also usable for monitoring functions (spindle OK/stop-input of access door).
- From our own development and production, so as a result special requests and special applications are fastly realisable.
- Pin configuration of the connections