Two controllers and two keyboards are available
- BES/C for up to 8 axes with DC, AC servo, SERCOS III, or stepping motors
(kind of motors may be mixed) in 19" Subrack
- BES/S4 for up to 4 axes with stepping motors (normal or micro stepping),
up to 8 axes with SERCOS III motors (kind of motors may be mixed)
in small Case
- Both controllers may be used with the handheld keyboards M25 or M24 .It is also possible to use the controllers without keyboard, only some separate buttons must be mounted. The possible functions are reduced without keyboard.
Continuous Path Controller BES/C (DC, AC servo, SERCOS III, or stepping motors)
This controller is designed to control engraving and milling machines in the upper performance range.
The connection to the PC is realized via network by using an Ethernet connection with an "RJ 45" plug.
Alternative you may connect the PC with a RS 422 interface to get good noise immunity.
Because of the modular construction of the controller, it may be simply adapted to different requirements.
Chassis: 19" Subrack, 3 height units, depth: 240 mm, motherboard: multilayer Boards: Euro format 160 mm X 100 mm, width: 8 width units Power supply: Internal 5 Volt, +/- 15 Volt
External 24 Volt (galvanic isolated) for keyboard and external circuit elements
Connectors: D-Sub, different numbers of pins. All connectors are on the front side. At the back side there are no plugs.
If required, the Subrack may be build with all connector located on the back side.
Signals for axis controlling
Axis modules for stepping motors (normal or micro stepping) and servomotors are available.
One module contains the hardware to control two axes.
The servo module also may control stepping motors (or mixed).
Limit switch inputs: 2 per axis, isolated with optical coupler Reference switch inputs 1 per axis, isolated with optical coupler Step motor controlling Signals per axis, all isolated with optical coupler: Signal output: Step
Signal inputs: Driver-ready
Up to 480 kHz Servo motor controlling
Set value for speed, differential signals +/- 10 Volt
Input frequency up to 1024 kHz
2 signals phase shift of 90°, RS 422
Power supply of encoder:
5 volt and 24 volt encoder are selectable.
5 volt to supply the encoder are generated on the board
Connected via network connector RJ45
I/O-ControlAt least one I/O-board is needed. To expand I/O more than one board may be used.
Rotary speed 0...10 Volt, Differential signal
Spindle on / off, isolated with optical coupler
Spindle ready, isolated with optical coupler I/O control all signals isolated with optical coupler (or relay)
8 transistor 0.5A 2-pole, function free programmable
8 optical isolated inputs, 2-pole, polarity don't care, function free programmable
Output one relay switch from watchdog (closed while processor is not stopped)
32 Bit Processor ColdFire® MCF 5282
Interface to PC:
- Serial RS 422 board for PCI(e) slot, 480 k baud
- Network Ethernet connection with an "RJ 45" plug
Interface to machine keyboard:
Serial interface, 4800 baud, current loop
- Interpolation: 2 D linear 2 D circular 3 D linear
- Different scales for each axis are possible, e.g. a divider head (rotary axis) together with linear axis
- Position control / lag error
- Software limit switch possible (only one reference switch at each axis is needed)
- Look ahead: Up to 100 elements, size is adjustable (element preview for speed enhancement and monitoring)
- Smoothing of cornered curves by Spline interpolation. The machine will run much more smoothness.
- Up to 8 axis, mixed operation servo / stepping motor is possible
- The automatic movement may be interrupted by an stop command. After moving the machine by hand control, the controller will find back to the position of the interrupt and will proceed exact at this position.
- Stop and repeat a part of the work, e.g. after a problem with the tool.
- Normal cycle-time: 1/1000 sec. (5 axes). The cycle the position of the axes is detected and the correction values are put out.
- Block-cycle time: 2/1000 sec. (average value). Up to 500 line segments per second may be processed.
- Program: Loaded into the flash-memory of the CPU module
- Configuration: Edited via PC
- Connection of divider head, rotary axis possible
- Tool length sensing and a tool changer may be used.
- Surface sensing by using one of the input signals.
Continuous Path Controller BES/S4 (stepping motors or SERCOS III)
- Most characteristics are identical to the controller BES/C.
- Differences to the controller BES/C:
- Lower cost
- Limited to 4 axis stepping motors (+ up to 8 SERCOS III axes)
- Only for stepping motors or SERCOS III motors
- Maximum output frequency: 350 kHz (BES/C: 450 kHz) (on request up to 900 kHz output frequency) May be used for micro stepping.
- Easy to connect. E.g. every limit switch is connected with a separate connector
- Compact (220 mm x 165 mm x 51 mm)
- The inputs for sensors and the outputs may not be expanded. Connections to PC, keyboard, axes, reference switches, spindle and emergency stop circle are available. Extra are 9 inputs and 12 outputs free for extended use.